The Friends of the Million Dollar Band was established in the spring of 2015 and currently has close to 300 members.
- Assist, support, and promote The University of Alabama Million Dollar Band.
- Recruit talented students to the band
- Provide financial assistance to MDB members through the Friends of the Million Dollar Band Endowed Scholarship
- Plan and promote Alumni Band Weekend
- Help secure funds for the band’s activities
- Serve as an advisory group to the Dean on matters related to the needs of the Million Dollar Band and the growth and development of the Friends endowment
Life as a Board Member
The board meets twice a year: The spring board meeting is the Saturday morning of Alabama’s spring practice game, A-Day. The fall meeting is held on Alumni Band Weekend. Save the dates are mailed with full details closer to time. Board members can join the following band committees: events, finance, or membership.
By Joining, You Will
- Secure your spot in Alumni Band Weekend, with costs covered by your annual membership dues
- Help support Million Dollar Band students through scholarships
- Meet other Million Dollar Band alumni and friends at twice yearly meetings
How to Join
Join by mailing your annual dues contribution of $100 per person to The University of Alabama, College of Arts and Sciences, Box 870268, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487.
Or join online at give.ua.edu. Select “College of Arts and Sciences” and then the fund “Friends of the Million Dollar Band.”