The Friends of the Million Dollar Band was established in the spring of 2015 and currently has close to 300 members.
- Assist, support, and promote The University of Alabama Million Dollar Band.
- Recruit talented students to the band
- Provide financial assistance to MDB members through the Friends of the Million Dollar Band Endowed Scholarship
- Provide financial support for instrument purchase, repair, and maintenance
- Help secure funds for the band’s activities
- Serve as an advisory group to the Dean on matters related to the needs of the Million Dollar Band and the growth and development of the Friends endowment
Life as a Board Member
The organization meets twice a year: The fall meeting is held on Alumni Band Weekend. The spring meeting is the Saturday morning of Alabama’s spring practice game, A-Day. Save the dates are emailed with more details closer to time. Members can join Friends committees of their choice.
You, along with other alumni, parents, and supporters, will play a lasting role in ensuring the professionalism and tradition of the Million Dollar Band.
How to Join
Join by mailing your annual contribution of $100 per person to The University of Alabama, College of Arts and Sciences, Box 870268, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487.
Or join online at give.ua.edu. (Note: If the form doesn’t auto-populate, select “College of Arts and Sciences” and then the fund “Friends of the Million Dollar Band.”)